Hey there! Good morning! I’ve spent the past couple days setting up my brand new Day Designer planner from Blue Sky, and I have a quick and easy #hack to share with you!
One of my favorite things about 6 hole binders is how easy they are to customize using inserts. Using this quick and easy hack, you can just as easily add custom elements to your spiral bound or o-ring bound planners!
- planner of your choice. (I am using a 8×10 Daily Planner from Day Designer)
- a zippered pouch (I am using a 10×7.75 pencil pouch from Target, available in the back to school section for 99 cents!)
- flexible plastic sheet (I am using a plastic divider page from Cropper Hopper)
- sturdy hole punch (I used a Crop-O-Dile from We R Memory Keepers) and scissors
- paper trimmer
- double sided tape
- washi tape for decorating.
Here’s how you do it!
- Carefully remove a sheet from your planner to use as a guide. I just snipped from the edge of the page to the center of each hole to remove the sheet from the book without damaging it.
- Cut a 1.5 x 10 inch strip of the plastic sheet.
- Using the sheet you removed from the planner as a guide, punch holes along the length of the sheet. Cut small notches from the edge of the plastic sheet into the punched circles.
- Use your paper trimmer to trim down the pencil pouch about a half an inch. Use care not to cut through the seal!
- Use double-sided tape to attach the punched ring strip to the edge of the pencil pouch.
- Decorate with washi.
- Insert into your planner and fill with stamps, stickers, or whatever you like!
You could use the same method to add in a page marker, a folder, a dashboard, or other useful items.
Hope you find my hack helpful! I’d love to hear from you in the comments. :)
Have a great day!